Centacare FNQ is the social services agency of the Diocese of Cairns. Covering the region from Cardwell in the south, the Northern Territory in the west and the Torres Strait and Gulf of Carpentaria in the north, we have been supporting the community of Far North Queensland since 1981.
Careers at Centacare FNQ
Working at Centacare FNQ means more than just a job. We are a values-driven organisation that aims to provide the best possible services to meet the needs of people in our community. To help us achieve this we look for passionate and highly skilled individuals to join our team.
Employer of Choice
Centacare FNQ prides itself on attracting and retaining exceptional people and recognise that staff are our most valuable resource. We are proud to offer excellent working conditions and benefits including:
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements (where possible)
- Ability to purchase up to an additional 2 weeks leave
- Salary Sacrifice (opportunity for tax savings depending on wages and subject to personal financial circumstances)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Up to 5 free confidential counselling sessions for employees per year
- Vaccination program
- One additional paid day’s compassionate leave on each occasion of compassionate leave
- One paid Gift Day for the next work day following the Boxing Day Public Holiday where the work day following the Boxing Day Public Holiday is the employee’s usual day of work
- Tertiary Study (relevant) – up to 76 hours per annum paid study leave
- On-going professional development opportunities
- Centacare FNQ Enterprise Agreement 2018
Current Job Opportunities at Centacare FNQ
Certificate 1 in Construction Traineeship
Position: Full time for 24 weeks
To apply, you must come from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background and not have participated in a Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.
Centacare FNQ is the social services agency of the Catholic Diocese of Cairns providing services to the community of Far North Queensland. Working at Centacare FNQ means more than just a job. We are a values-driven organisation that aims to provide the best possible services to meet the needs of people in our community.
Centacare Multicultural Services (CMS) presents an exciting opportunity to undertake a Traineeship and gain a nationally recognized qualification.
As an employee of Centacare FNQ you will gain training and skills development within the production workshop of the upCyclinc Social Enterprise.
upCyclinc is a social enterprise that produces homewares and furniture from discarded commercial and household items. The workshop provides opportunities to gain skills in both hand tools, power tools and other machinery.
Successful applicants will receive full on the job training and complete a Certificate I in Construction while earning a salary. Knowledge and understanding of basic computing skills, and good interpersonal and communication skills is highly advantageous. Our ideal candidate will have a friendly disposition and work well in a team environment. They should have a strong work ethic, be ready to learn and open to engaging with all aspects of the upCyclinc project.
For further information, please see the Position Description or contact Annette McKail on (07) 4242 1058.
Closing date is 27 January 2020
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity that will provide skills and experience for the successful candidate to explore a range of career pathways.