Canva is an online design platform which allows you to, pretty much, design anything and publish anywhere.By using Canva’s drag-and-drop feature and professional layouts you can design stunning graphics very quickly.
As a non-profit organisation, Centacare FNQ has been able to create a free Premium account which allows us to have 10 team members. We have been using Canva in this way for some time now. Even with a free account, you can share files between your team members so you can collaborate to create :)
Slack brings the team together, wherever you are.
With all of your communication and tools in one place, remote teams will stay productive no matter where you’re working from.
Every day, all over the world, people are working together remotely through Slack.
As an organisation, Centacare FNQ is investigating the use of Slack across all teams while we work from home. This has not been confirmed as yet but we will keep you posted.
In the meantime, anyone can sign-up for a free Slack account here.
Facebook Messenger allows you to instantly reach the people in your life - for free.
Most people will know what Messenger is and likely use it frequently but for those of you who don't use it, it is just like texting, but you don't have to pay for every message as it works with your data plan.
You can download Facebook Messenger for your Windows desktop computer if you have Windows 10. You can start new conversations, open old messages, and make phone calls and video calls. The desktop version of Messenger is a lot like the web version in that you can search through your messages and share things including GIFs, images, documents and other files. You can download Messenger for Windows here.
There are so many Good News Stories all over the country. Here is just a taster of the good things that are happening around the country...
Click below to read more...
1. Australia wide: 31 Mar - Australian Library innovation: Story Time video streaming for kids - available online for free. Read more here
- Australia wide: 30 Mar - Many banks have increased interest rates for some term deposit options – a small win for customers. More here
2. Darwin: 30 Mar - TERRITORIANS in self-isolation are being encouraged to foster a furry friend to improve their mental health. More here
3. Cairns: 31 Mar - Seafood exports start again from Cairns Airport after Chinese demand returns. Read more here
4. Townsville: 31 Mar - Townsville eateries ready to serve you during coronavirus pandemic. More here
5. Gladstone: 30 Mar - Yoda the green sea turtle released, months after washing up on remote Queensland beach. Read about Yoda here
6. Brisbane: 31 Mar - 6 yr old Grace is already a published scientific researcher. Find out more
- Brisbane: 26 Mar - Brisbane doctor’s musical message puts smiles on faces. More here
7. Melbourne: 29 Mar - Outpouring of kindness, community spirit & pickled carrots! Read more
- Melbourne: 24 Mar - Special delivery for our Aussie hospital heroes. More here
8. Tasmania: 29 Mar - Twelve heart-warming stories to remember our resilience. More here
9. SE SA/SW VIC: 28 Mar - Farmers helping Grey nomads with no place to stay due to COVID-19. Read more
10. Adelaide: Woman donates soap to neighbours in 'random act of kindness‘. More here
11. Irwin: "Exciting time" to be in livestock. Read more here
12. Kimberley: WA pledges millions for mental health, better services to reduce Indigenous suicides in the Kimberley. More here